Mk3Love

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Just thought I chuck in a link here for those that love what my Golf is about, and why I'm so obsessively into it.


Saturday 30 June 2007

Slightly OT - new path?

I've thought about this for fuckin' ages. Ever since I started my second year of Uni, I've always thought about dropping out and pursuing a different future. Apprenticeships/traineeships have always crossed my mind, and honestly I wouldn't mind being a mechanic of some sort. However, chances of getting an apprenticeship/traineeship for that are much slim compared to someone else who has done their Certs at TAFE first, and right now I don't think I can handle any study. I'm still at Uni now moreso because of what is expected of me than what I really want.

So, scrapping the mechanic idea aside for now, I looked up seek.com and found a traineeship that caught my eye: car detailing. Now I know a lot of people out there are thinking, how much are you going to earn cleaning cars? Right now, to me, it's not about the money. I'd rather do something that I will enjoy waking up early and coming home late for.

Anyway, I've applied for it on Wednesday (right after my last exam for the semester) and am still waiting for their reply. I've been anxiously and frequently checking my inbox only to be disappointed with a Nigerian king or whatever asking for my help (I'm sure everyone has received these kind of emails before). I do hope to get an offer for the traineeship though, just so I can be happy to try something different out. I've printed out a suspension form for my enrolment to the Uni, but I haven't filled it out yet.

Just something I wanted to get off my e-chest. It's another case of the "my heart says yes but my brain says no".

No comments: