Mk3Love

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Just thought I chuck in a link here for those that love what my Golf is about, and why I'm so obsessively into it.


Sunday 22 July 2007

Go-karting = f*cking fun!

With my 21st coming up, I decided to go go-karting. While it wasn't well-organised (let's just say the price was a bit higher than what most expected), it didn't matter as it was some of the best fun I've ever had.

I didn't take any pics, and didn't have a professional take any, which was a pity as I was willing to spend the extra money for some nice shots. Anyway, it was at Eastern Creek, and we had four preliminary heats (8 laps each) which determined the pole positions for the final heat (12 laps). A lap was about 1km long so there was plenty of racing to do. Tight chicanes followed by short straights meant there was lots of opportunities to hammer the shit out of the engines on the karts and for overtaking. One or two hairpins were the culprits for many spinouts and lawn-mowing, though I managed to escape with only two small spinouts ;)

I managed getting first place - I was riding on third most of the final heat, until the second-last lap when Kenny accidently hit John on the rear, causing him to spin out. This disqualified Kenny, and with John trailing far behind me, I managed an easy first :D

John took out fastest lap though, at 58.62, but I wasn't far behind with a PB of 58.82. In all, a very good experience, and I can't wait to go again!

No comments: