Mk3Love

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Just thought I chuck in a link here for those that love what my Golf is about, and why I'm so obsessively into it.


Sunday 30 September 2007

Drift Australia

Yes, a bit unrelated to the Golf cause, but after posting about Team Peer and the drifting culture in Australia, I thought it deserved its own post. Drifting, in my opinion, is as much of a culture and lifestyle as driving a VW. Both has its own quirks and derivatives that I guess makes them unique in the automobile scene. They come from different parts of the world, but are actually quite similar in many ways (albeit due to different reasons). Both employ and love stretching tyres. Both poke their wheels as if they were rollerskates. Both use zipties as if they hold the car together. Both have a taste in rare wheels. Both explore different looks by using parts of different vehicles. However, the most important similarity that stood out to me was that they both are largely unknown and not part of the major modifying scene of Australia. I've always tend to go for different things that are not popular to the norm, and it was that appeal that led me to follow both cultures and lifestyles. I've had thoughts of learning how to drift before, and although I'm not pushing it aside, VW is my passion now and it is the VAG scene that I want to help introduce to Australia.

Anyway, here's Drift Australia's YouTube account - they have loads of videos of the latest drifting competitions being held in Australia.

No comments: