Mk3Love

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Just thought I chuck in a link here for those that love what my Golf is about, and why I'm so obsessively into it.


Monday 3 September 2007

Fixes - Part Three

So I went to Matt's again to pick up a better condition crank angle sensor wire. His were as f*cked as mine, but as I was about to leave, the car wouldn't start. Just cranked and cranked and cranked but no ignition. This time it was for real, it just wouldn't start. Pretty good timing mind you, I wouldn't have been able to fix it otherwise.
Anyway we did a few tests here and there of the electrical system and found that it was the dizzy that was f*cking up on us. It was sending very little spark at first but then ended up sending none at all. The cap looked pretty new but was burnt on some parts, which would mean that the dizzy was being sent heavier signals than normal.

That still doesn't cure the car of its misfiring but now I'm more certain that it may be caused by the crank angle sensor wire. I don't have access to my camera now but it looks very brittle and is very much exposed to a lot of heat. I'll have to insulate it more when I fit a new one in. Which reminds me, I gotta go make an order for it now.

No comments: